How do I check what encryption type my Wi-Fi network is using?
Many of you have been asking us how to find out your Wi-Fi network encryption type when installing the Gogogate 2 for the first time. Therefore, we consider it can be helpful to make a post about this.
In the “beginning installation” process, Gogogate 2 will ask you for your Wi-Fi’s network encryption type. There are 3 different encryption types available:
- Open: Your network is not encrypted.
- WEP: Low level of security.
- WPA/ WPA 2: High level of security.
Note that you can check the WiFi encryption type on Windows, Mac, and Android devices. It is not possible to check on iOS (ie. iPhone) devices without any third party software/app.
Do you have an android device? Check out the following instruccions.
- Go to Settings in your menu and select WiFi
- Choose the network you are correctly connected to and select View
- You will find your security encryption type under Security
In case you have an Apple computer, read the following tips:
- Go to System Preferences and select Network
- Make sure WiFi (or Airport) is selected and highlighted and click the Advanced option at the bottom, on the right
- You will find your security encryption type listed as Security under the WiFi tab
If you want to check your Wi-Fi’s network encryption and you have a Windows Pc, take a look to the following instructions:
- Click on the wireless indicator at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the network you are connected to and you will see displayed the security encryption type under Security Type
Information source :https://goo.gl/IT3gzl
One of the most frequently asked questions by our costumers is how to connect the Gogogate 2 to their garage door or gate. Therefore, we thought it would be a great idea to make a post in our blog about this first step before using the device.
The first thing you need to know is that all garage door or gate openers can get connected to a wall push button if they do not already have it.
Having said this, we consider important to make a difference between the procedure you will follow if you want to connect your GGG2 to a garage door or to a Gate.
- Connect your Gogogate to a Gate.
If you have a Gate and you don’t know how to connect your Gogogate 2, we recommend you to visit our website: gates.gogogate.com/gates.php. In this page you may find your gate opener when combining the option ”Select Manufacturer” and also ”Select Gate Model”. Check out all the models and select the one you have. Once you do this, you will see the wiring instructions to connect your Gogogate 2 to the corresponding opener .
For exemple: Imagine you have the Mighty Mule 500 model. Once you select it in our website, the following image will appear in your screen.
Connect your Gogogate 2 into your Mighty Mule 500 model
Conncet your cables to the inputs shown in the above pictures and you will have your GGG2 successfully connected to your gate operator. Is as easily as this!
- Important note: If your gate is not on the list just send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your operator’s brand and model. We will send you a detailed diagram with wiring instructions.
- Connect your Gogogate to a Garage door
There are two possibilities to connect your Gogogate 2 to your garage door.
- The first one is if you don’t have a wall push-button or if your wall push-button is a wireless one. In both cases, you should connect your Gogogate 2 directly to the opener. Where? The Gogogate 2 should be connected to the same terminals where your wall push-button would be connected to.
Important note: If you don’t know where you can connect your wall push-button you can send us an e-mail to our technical department: email@example.com
Otherwise, if you have a push-button already, you must connect your Gogogate as shown in the next video:
In a previous post, we were telling you how to set up your new Gogogate2 device. Today, we want to show you in a video the Gogogate 2 configuration. We consider this could be a useful way to become familiar with the product installation before you start the set up process.
You just need to choose the way you want to configure your Gogogate 2; from your Smartphone or from your SD Card.
- If you want to set up your device from your Smartphone, have a look at the following video:
2. If you prefer to use your PC, set up the device using the provided SD Card, watch the following video
We hope that after this post you can set up the Gogogate 2 properly in just a few minutes.If you have any problems during the configuration process, do not hesitate to contact us at sales_NA@gogogate.com.